These Auction Packages will be available for bidding during our Live Auction portion of the evening on June 25th. There will be NO online bidding available.
Jump to the package description for:
- Three night, All-inclusive Stay on Remote Island in San Juans
- Wild and Scenic Flight for Four in Western Oregon or Washington
- Cozy Up for Two Nights on the Alsea River
- Three-night Stay for Eight in a Private, Well-appointed House in John Day
- Gourmet Greek Dinner and Opine Cellars Wine for 8 in Your Own Home
- Date Night! Five-Course Pandita “Twist” Dinner for Two on August 7
- Two Nights at a Cozy, Two-bedroom Little Deschutes River Log Cabin
- Experience Sauvie Island Farm-to-Plate Dinner, and Private Accommodations for Four
Three night, All-inclusive Stay on Remote Island in San Juans
Up to four guests will enjoy the royal treatment with this all-inclusive stay at a secluded waterfront cabin on remote John’s Island in the San Juans Islands. Any time after the June 25 auction and before September 15, 2022 OR any time summer 2023 (dates to be mutually determined by your group and the donors, and trip subject to rescheduling in the event of inclement weather).
Package includes private flight from any airport in western Oregon/Washington to to Stuart Island, a picnic lunch, and then a short boat ride to the cabin. Enjoy the solitude, marine life, hiking trails, tidepools, and just soaking in the beauty of the peaceful island. The cabin will be fully stocked with provisions, including local seafood, liquor, and other essentials for your enjoyment. On day four, guests will be picked up by boat and then flown home in a private plane.
(Generously donated by Kate Ritley and pilot Ty Manegold).
Specifics of the package include:
- Up to four guests
- 3 nights (2 full days on the island), any time after the June 25 auction and before September 15, 2022 OR any time summer 2023 (dates to be mutually determined by your group and the donors, and trip subject to rescheduling in the event of inclement weather)
- Day 1: Ty will meet your group with the airplane in the morning at any western Oregon or western Washington airport (such as Creswell, Eugene, Oakridge, Corvallis, Roseburg, or wherever is most convenient). The group will fly directly to Stuart Island (approximately a two-hour flight with incredible views of the Cascade and Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound), enjoy a picnic lunch, and then Ty will captain the boat over to John’s Island (20 minutes, with beautiful scenery and plenty of seals and wildlife). Kate will greet and orient your group at the cabin, then you will be left to enjoy the peace and solitude for three nights.
- Days 2-3: Enjoy hiking the island’s trails, relaxing on the cabin’s waterfront deck, watching the sunset from the beach, reading by the wood stove, napping in the waterfront hammock, exploring tide pools, and soaking in the beauty of the island. If you’re interested in chartering a water taxi to take you to nearby islands, whale watching tours, or fishing/crabbing expeditions, the hosts can help set up those additional services (cost not included in package and would be paid for by guests).
- Day 4: Your group will be picked up mid-morning by boat and then flown back to your originating airport, arriving at home in the evening.
- Food and beverage are included in this package: The cabin will be pre-stocked with all the ingredients for your stay. The hosts will communicate with you in advance about dietary restrictions and preferences. Kate has been the chef and meal planner for many river trips, so you’ll be in good hands! Unless your group prefers otherwise, meals will feature locally-caught seafood such as salmon, spot prawns, dungeness crab, and clams. You will need to do some food prep and cooking, but instructions will be provided for each meal. A liquor, wine and beer array also comes with the stay.
- About the cabin: The abode is an incredibly private waterfront cabin with views of Boundary Pass and Saturna Islandlee and sleeps four (one queen bed in main bedroom, one queen bed in sleeping loft). The cabin is off-grid but has a propane-fueled refrigerator and freezer, propane range, outdoor gas grill, outdoor shower, composting toilet in the bathroom, LED lights, lots of candles, and a wood stove. There is good cell service and a solar power system for charging phones/tablets/etc. There is a well with potable water about three minutes down a trail from the cabin. Your group can enjoy coffee, cocktails, and meals on the deck while watching seals play in the water (and orcas or other whales if you’re lucky!). The cabin is not ADA accessible. You will need to EITHER climb up a staircase from the beach once the boat lands and then walk less than five minutes on a mostly flat trail to the cabin, OR walk about 15 minutes on a mostly flat trail to the cabin. Access to the sleeping loft requires climbing up a built-in ladder, and is not recommended for small children.
- About John’s Island: Located at the far northwest corner of the San Juan Islands, Johns Island is one of the few islands in the San Juans that is entirely private, with no general public access and no roads/cars. A beautiful trail circumnavigates the island, offering stunning views of the water and surrounding islands. The island has a total of about 30 private cabins and is entirely off grid. As you explore the island, please do not disturb the seal pups (parent seals leave their babies on the rocks and beaches during the day, but they return for them!), and do not feed the deer!
- About the plane, pilot and co-pilot: Ty is a 15+ year seasoned pilot, IFR certified, float and multiengine rated, with over 1,200 hours of logged flight time. His plane is a beautiful 1981 6-person Beechcraft Bonanza. Kate is a former Executive Director of Cascadia Wildlands and founder of Animosa.
- Interested in this package but have questions?: Email Kate and/or Ty for more information. They would love to answer your questions and make this stay as magical and memorable as possible.
Wild and Scenic Flight for Four in Western Oregon or Washington
Ever wanted a birds-eye-view of your favorite geographic landmark(s) in western Oregon or western Washington? Mt. St. Helens, Crater Lake, Three Sisters, sea stacks along the coast, or some other iconic natural feature? Here is your chance! Up to four guests (total weight of four guests not to exceed 690 lbs) will join pilot Ty Manegold and co-pilot Kate Ritley on a 90-minute aerial cruise to witness the outstanding landscapes and waterways of your choice. The flight can start/end at any airport in western Oregon/Washington. Fly date and logistics to be worked out with pilot.
Ty is a 15+ year seasoned pilot, IFR certified, float and multiengine rated, with over 1,200 hours of logged flight time. His plane is a beautiful 1981 6-person Beechcraft Bonanza. Kate is a former Executive Director of Cascadia Wildlands and founder of Animosa.
(Generously donated by Kate Ritley and pilot Ty Manegold).
Cozy Up for Two Nights on the Alsea River
Up to four guests will slip away for two nights at a cozy cabin on the Alsea River. Located in Tidewater just 10 miles from Waldport and the Oregon Coast, this little slice of riverfront heaven feels like it’s a world away. The private vacation house that the owners lovingly refer to as the “Riverhouse” is equipped with all the comforts of home. This includes two suites with queen beds and private baths, a well-stocked kitchen, wood stove, fenced yard, cedar hot tub, TV and WiFi, five kayaks and an incredible view of the Alsea River. Elk graze across the river, while otters, beavers, and all varieties of water fowl are regular sights in the river. Even seals make appearances during the salmon runs!
(Generously donated by Cyndi Anderson).
Three-night Stay for Eight in a Private, Well-appointed House in John Day
A three-night stay for up to eight guests await at the Deux View. Duex View is a newly built, four-bedroom, three-bathroom vacation home designed for entertaining large groups with plenty of space for cooking, eating, relaxing, and spending time with friends. The home is located in John Day, Oregon, with a stunning view of the John Day Valley and Little Canyon Mountain. The sunrises and sunsets are unparalleled, with even better night sky viewing! Explore all the area has to offer, including the Painted Hills National Monument, John Day River and so much more.
(Generously donated by Susan Jane and Paul Brown).
Gourmet Greek Dinner and Opine Cellars Wine for 8 in Your Own Home
Who needs a trip to the Mediterranean islands when Chef Erin Ely prepares and delivers to your home a gourmet Greek dinner for eight, including six bottles of fine Opine Cellars red wine.
Start off with an appetizer platter with Mediterranean dips (hummus, baba ganoush) and spreads, olives, pita bread/crackers, olives, raw veggies, a fresh Greek salad, move into a main course of spanakopita with a side of lamb meatballs in a pomegranate sauce, and cap it off with dessert like none other.
(Generously donated by Chef Erin Ely and John Jarboe of Opine Cellars).
Date Night! Five-Course Pandita “Twist” Dinner for Two on August 7
Eugene-favorite Pandita will be twistin’ it up once again this summer with a fine-dining, pop-up event featuring creative and locally sourced seasonal delights, delicious Lion’s Mane mushrooms from Hyphae Wellness, and amazing wine from Civic Winery.
The delightful TWIST dinner includes a welcome cocktail, amuse-bouche, and a five-course, pre-fixe dinner for two with a bottle of fine Civic Winery wine.
(Generously donated by Pandita, Hyphae Wellness, and Civic Winery).
Two Nights at a Cozy, Two-bedroom Little Deschutes River Log Cabin
Spend two nights in a fully equipped, two bedroom, one bathroom, cozy log cabin on the Little Deschutes River near La Pine. Enjoy the solitude on the property’s five acres, stroll down the path to the river, soak in the hot tub, warm up by the stove, cook meals in the open kitchen and enjoy all the recreation opportunities and excursions that abound — Mt. Bachelor, Newberry Crater, High Desert Museum, Bend, lava tubes, Three Sisters Wilderness, Cascade lakes, sparkling mountain rivers, and so much more.
(Generously donated by Noah Greenwald and Amy Atwood).
Experience Sauvie Island Farm-to-Plate Dinner, and Private Accommodations for Four
Four people will enjoy a leisurely day exploring Sauvie Island, originally Wapato Island or Wappatoo Island, which is the largest island along the Columbia River, at 26,000 acres, and one of the largest river islands in the United States. You’ll head to the incredible Topaz Farm to experience dining al fresco at a gourmet farm-to-plate dinner. Before your five-course scrumptious dinner, duck behind the scenes for a private tour including a unique, hands-on experience with the local farm animals. Browse their fresh no-spray farm produce or sit back with a glass of local wine, cider, or beer as you enjoy life on the farm. After a long, satisfying day, relax at a nearby Airbnb of your choice to ponder your amazing experience (package includes a $300 Airbnb gift card; accommodations subject to availability).
All photos from the Topaz Farm website.
(Generously donated by Jennie Morrow-Lopez, Board Members Dan Snyder and Kim Hyland, and Topaz Farm).