Communications & Outreach Internships (Continuous)
About Cascadia Wildlands:
Cascadia Wildlands envisions vast old-growth forests, rivers full of wild salmon, wolves howling in the backcountry, and vibrant communities sustained by the unique landscapes of the Cascadia Bioregion. Cascadia Wildlands educates, agitates, and inspires a movement to protect and restore Cascadia's wild ecosystems. Founded in 1998, Cascadia Wildlands has protected tens of thousands of acres of forested watersheds and is sustained by over 6,000 members and supporters.
Cascadia Wildlands is seeking an intern or interns to assist with outreach and organizing for our current conservation campaigns, including recovering gray wolves in Oregon, creating the Devil’s Staircase Wilderness, fighting LNG and coal exports, and stopping old-growth logging on the Elliott State Forest. With oversight from the Campaign Director, the intern will lead public outreach at a variety of community events, help amplify and promote conservation actions and messaging, and ultimately work to build our support base and raise public awareness about our conservation campaigns. The intern will act as an actual and virtual ambassador for the organization.
• setting up and staffing outreach events and educating the public about Cascadia Wildlands’ campaigns
• distributing our messages and news items through social and bookmarking networks
• working with membership database
• cultivating new supporters and volunteers
• creating outreach and marketing materials
• A demonstrated interest in conservation and restoration of landscapes and species in the Cascadia bioregion
• Experience with grassroots organizing
• Computer proficient with an interest in creating social change and building movements through the use of social media
• Excellent social skills—ability to fearlessly talk to anyone in an informed and professional manner
• Persistence, flexibility, creativity, and enthusiasm
• Access to transportation
Hours and compensation: The position is based in Eugene, OR. The intern will work approximately 10-15 hours/week. The position is un-paid; however applicants are encouraged to seek outside funding. The intern must provide its own housing.
How to apply: Email a cover letter and resumé to Josh Laughlin, Campaign Director, email@example.com.