Cascadia Wildlands is teaming up with 13 other organizations to coordinate a rally in opposition of the Jordan Cove Energy Project. If built, this LNG/Fracked Gas Pipeline and Export Facility would harm nearly 500 waterways (100,000+ public drinking water), seize property from private landowners through eminent domain, create major safety and public health hazards, impact Tribal territories, cultural resources, and burial grounds, and become the largest source of climate pollution in the state.
More information about this pipeline scheme found here.
On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 the Oregon Department of State Lands (DSL) will hear from the public about whether Jordan Cove’s Removal-Fill permit should be denied or approved. This is one of the state permits that, if denied, would stop the Jordan Cove LNG even if the Federal Government approves the project. The removal-fill permit for the Jordan Cove Energy Project covers the three main elements of the project: 1) the liquefied natural gas (LNG) slip and access channel; 2) the LNG terminal; and 3) the fracked natural gas pipeline.
Rally begins at 4pm outside of the Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs, followed by a public comment hearing from 5:30-8pm inside. This is the chance for community members outside of South Oregon to speak out against this project. Wear red to show solidarity with our mighty coalition and bring your signs, your friends and your spirit as we demonstrate our opposition to this toxic fracked gas project! * Wear RED to show your solidarity with fracked gas resistors across Oregon! *
A few documents to help you comment: DSL Comment Writing Guide and Giving Testimony Guide
- From Corvallis: Carpool meets 2:30 pm on 1st st. behind Super 8
- From Eugene: Meet at FUMC (1376 Olive St.) at 2:15. Buses Leave at 2:30. **Important: reserve your seat via e-mail: 350Eugene@gmail.com** You must register by Jan 12th. Register asap. Seats are going fast! (Free – Donations are welcome)
Submit your comments online here.
The comment deadline is February 3, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Comments must be received by this date and time to be considered.
DSL asks that all attendees contribute to a respectful setting and productive public comment hearing by following the Ground Rules & Comment Process. Your comments may also be submitted in these ways:
- By web form on the DSL website. Please note: attachments cannot be added to the web form.
- By email to DSL at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: this is a new email address. All comments submitted to the previous address have been added to the comment record.
- By fax to DSL Coordinator Bob Lobdell at 503-378-4844
- By postal mail to Jordan Cove comments, Oregon Department of State Lands, 775 Summer St. N.E., Ste 100, Salem, Ore.